SeaTag™ Marine Mammals Tracking System
SeaTag™ is a solar-powered marine technology that offers low-cost, reusable, and modular tags for tracking sea mammals in both salt and freshwater environments.
The satellite-based tagging technology uses battery-augmented solar power and is built to withstand harsh environments.
Desert Star‘s full suite of available SeaTags™ products are equipped with:
- An accelerometer (measures activity of animal)
- Light sensors (allows for longitudinal locating via amount of daylight)
- Magnetic sensor (allows for latitudinal locating)
- Temperature sensor
- Depth sensors
SeaTags™ communicate globally with product users through the use of the Argos satellite constellation.
After a programmed amount of time, the sensor detaches from the animal subject and floats to the surface, where it can be collected and reused.
- Versatile: Compact and economical solar power design
- Rugged and reliable: Built to withstand extreme depths and harsh environments
- Accessible: Data is shared globally through satellite networks
- Spawning detection
- Tracking of sea turtles, penguins, and other divers
- Fresh and saltwater use
This technology is commercially available for purchase. For additional information please contact the SeaTag™ team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Any reference obtained from this website to a specific company, product, process, or service does not constitute or imply an endorsement by NOAA.
Federal Procurement – Sole Source Information
Through the SBIR/STTR Congressional Authority and Policy Directive, companies are eligible for Phase III sole-source contracts to support work that derives from, extends, or completes work funded with SBIR Phase I or Phase II awards. Technologies in the Marketplace that include this statement are eligible for Phase III awards from any federal agency. For more information about Phase III, see this website and reach out to email@example.com with questions.